...i HAD to post something, anything, so that a sprawled out adam 'cher' lambert wasnt the first thing i see every time i click on my page...(shudder)
anyway, i was out of town for the weekend in the great yet ultra dusty lubbock, texas. lubbock is in good ole west texas and is the location of my alma mater, texas tech baby! i was there for a football camp for kids and it went really well. i left wednesday afternoon and naturally my flight was canceled. while waiting to get reassigned, i had an absolute blast, all by myself, just sitting and laughing, laughing and sitting just 'people watching' in the airport! i am thoroughly convinced that the airport is the best place to go people watch. along those lines, i also think that while there, i become the most random. not to mention ive felt extremely random the past week or so...gotta...start...sleeping...more!
the following is all stuff i actually took time to weigh, ponder, or consider in my brain in between the times i spent chuckling at all the un-coordination on display while people awkwardly made the dash for their gate. i swear im going to bring a video camera and just record those that were obviously out doing math problems or something while God was handing out coordination.
anyway, i give you my brain in blizzle(blog) form...
1. what is it about the airport experience that somehow causes the decibel level of people's voices to apparently raise a few octaves? i mean really, whether boarding or getting off the plane, or just at the airport in general, people seemingly talk plate scraping annoyingly loud! and im sick of it. they're not even relaying anything all that important. i could care less about your flight experience or what you want for dinner that night. all i hear is 'blah blah blah get my bags. blah blah blah cracker barrel. blah blah blah etc
2. speaking of volume, i think the PA system at airports has two settings: church mouse or dragons roar. i almost ended up in grand rapids because i couldnt hear the guy, then just minutes later my eardrum bled because of the inconsistency.
3. whatever happened to neve campbell? she used to be kinda hot but then she disappeared.
4. 'mtv' should change their acronym to 'crstv' which translated means 'crap reality show television'. i remember back in the day when they actually had videos.
5. why is flossing publically considered impolite or rude? actually, WHO was it that decided it was not to be done? its gotta be better than that sound people make when they try to suck the food debris from in between their teeth.
6. when im at the airport alone, i always try to find an area lightly populated to sit down and wait. ESPECIALLY when i have a longer wait bc of cancelled flight. anyway, i found this prime location just a few gates down from where i would be taking off from and decided to camp out there and read my magazine with megan fox(hubba hubba) on the cover. about 15 mins into my search for solace, some loud ass lady, on a damn cell phone, comes and plops down right next to me. mind you there were plenty of seats NOT next to me, but nooooo she wants to get all in my kool-aid. i didnt want to appear snobby or rude so i just sat there for about 15 mins before getting up to 'use the bathroom'. i didnt even have to go but i actually went to the john like i did. i saw that she was still squatting on my land after my fake bathroom trip, so i just roamed and actually found a decent seat at my gate and waited there even though there was more people in the general area. fortunately i didnt have to worry about some lady with terrible seat awareness basically grinding on my leg.
8. toast with butter and grape jelly is highly underrated
7. is it just me, or do none of the jonas brothers actually look like brothers? i guess the 'jonas cousins' didnt have the same ring to it huh.
8. not only are alot of people extra loud at and around airports, the movies seem to also bring out this annoying quality. will someone please explain to me why it is soooo cool to talk loud while entering the theater and while the previews are showing. 'hey everyone, listen to how cool i can be.'...'hey blake, are we going to the bar after the movies?'...damn thats annoying
9. megan fox
10. while standing SECOND in line to get my flight squared away with chipper (sarcastic) lady behind the desk, this guy walks up behind me and this convo actually happened...
him-are you in line?
me-uhh yes i am. (of course this is with that smartass look like 'are we really having this conversation?')
him- oh okay. sorry, i didnt know if you were waiting for the other guy.
me- (befuddled) what other guy?
him- oh nevermind i dont know what im saying
there was only one person behind the counter and it wasnt a guy. he was in a panicky rush and my best guess is that he was either in rush to get to the front of the line so he could hurry and get his flt squared away or he was on crack. he probably wanted to cut in line like an eight year old trying to get to lunch quicker. well panicky crackhead guy i say no way jose! the people behind me had to wait, i had to wait, so guess who else gets to wait? thats right, i dont care how bad you want to get to the front of line. the enchiladas will still be there by the time you arrive.
- ▼ June (7)